Bricked DME?!?

Need help getting started with DTS?
Lwinder

Bricked DME?!?

Post by Lwinder »

Got my swap to start by replacing silver 413 DME with red 413 Dme. Loaded a tune on Renovelo epromm and it wouldn't start. Put the stock epromm back in and it wouldn't start again. Did I short the DME or lock it out or something?
Renovelo
Site Admin

Re: Bricked DME?!?

Post by Renovelo »

It's unlikely that you damaged your DME. We've never heard of someone "bricking" an OBD1 DME. We're not as familiar with OBD1 EWS as we are OBD2, but could it be that the DME/EWS need to be realigned? Are you positive that the EWS is preventing your engine to start as opposed to some other problem?
Lwinder

Post by Lwinder »

The only thing that changed between it starting and not starting was when I installed the Domino epromm. And now it doesn't start with stock epromm. So it started. I put your product that I paid $400 something for then it didn't start.
Lwinder

Post by Lwinder »

The only thing that changed between it starting and not starting was when I installed the Domino epromm. And now it doesn't start with stock epromm. So it started. I put your product that I paid $400 something for then it didn't start.
Renovelo
Site Admin

Post by Renovelo »

If this is the only thing that was changed, then it could be your DME/EWS needs realignment. Again, we're not OBD1 EWS experts. You can read more about the different versions of EWS here and they do mention the possibility of realignment:

https://www.turnermotorsport.com/t-faq-ews

It's nearly impossible damage these EEPROMs and DMEs. Even if you put the EEPROM in backwards, it probably won't damage anything. There is zero chance that our software damaged anything.
Lwinder

Post by Lwinder »

okay thanks for the quick response.
ba114

Post by ba114 »

just keep using the red label?