Importing normal bin files?

Need help getting started with ByteTuner?
kimdrummel

Importing normal bin files?

Post by kimdrummel »

Hello!

Just bought Bytetuner with OBD Cable and logger to make my DME tuning easier.

I was just wondering, is it possible to convert/import normal, already modified Bin files to the dme2 format that Bytetuner uses?

The reason is that i already have made my own MS43 and MS42 files with EWS delete and different MAF tables and such, which i would like to use with Bytetuner.

Kim
Renovelo
Site Admin

Re: Importing normal bin files?

Post by Renovelo »

It’s not possible to open *.bin files with ByteTuner as it is designed to work with our proprietary file format. However, we have the ability to convert *.bin files to *.dme2, so just send us your files and we can take care of the conversion.

Another option is to flash your DME with your *.bin files using whatever tool you were using before purchasing ByteTuner. Then you can read your DME with ByteTuner. It will ask you if you want to create a .*dme2 file after it finishes reading.

Please note that your files should come from one of the HW variants ByteTuner supports. Otherwise it won’t display any maps when you open the file. It will only allow you to flash it back to the DME.
kimdrummel

Post by kimdrummel »

Renovelo wrote: Sat Nov 24, 2018 8:49 am It’s not possible to open *.bin files with ByteTuner as it is designed to work with our proprietary file format. However, we have the ability to convert *.bin files to *.dme2, so just send us your files and we can take care of the conversion.

Another option is to flash your DME with your *.bin files using whatever tool you were using before purchasing ByteTuner. Then you can read your DME with ByteTuner. It will ask you if you want to create a .*dme2 file after it finishes reading.

Please note that your files should come from one of the HW variants ByteTuner supports. Otherwise it won’t display any maps when you open the file. It will only allow you to flash it back to the DME.
Ok, thank you. I'll send the files by email if need be then. :)
TazzyTurboe46

Post by TazzyTurboe46 »

Renovelo wrote: Please note that your files should come from one of the HW variants ByteTuner supports. Otherwise it won’t display any maps when you open the file. It will only allow you to flash it back to the DME.
How do I know what hardware version I have?
Is this type of information included when purchasing ByteTuner?

EDIT: I found the answer here https://www.renovelo.com/bytetuner-vehi ... atibility/
Renovelo
Site Admin

Post by Renovelo »

TazzyTurboe46 wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2019 4:23 am How do I know what hardware version I have?
Is this type of information included when purchasing ByteTuner?

EDIT: I found the answer here https://www.renovelo.com/bytetuner-vehi ... atibility/

Just in case anybody else wonders how to determine their current hardware version, just click the "DME Info" button in ByteTuner. It will display the HW variant. If you haven't purchased ByteTuner yet, all BMW diagnostic tools and some aftermarket tools can also perform this function.