MS45.1 Tuning injectors please help?

Get detailed info on tuning your OBD2 DME
bmw33016

MS45.1 Tuning injectors please help?

Post by bmw33016 »

Let me start off by saying im new to this tuning im still learning. Can anyone lead me in the right direction i have the m54b30 ms45.1 gt30 with 42lb/hr 440cc injectors and i cant seem to get them scaled for the car. the car cuts out at anything over 3k but i can only use 1/4 of my throttle pedal and it will rev up to 5000 but thats only using a little throttle. if i slam it it cuts out falls on its face and then gets a bad miss. i can shut it off start it back same thing misss goes away. i know the cars runnning ritch

stock injector size 23.5 lb/hr i need to scale my 440cc 42lb/hr to my car
Renovelo
Site Admin

Re: MS45.1 Tuning injectors please help?

Post by Renovelo »

We're not experts in tuning the MS45 platform, but there are others on here who are. Are you sure the injector scaling is responsible for the engine "cutting out" above 3k RPM? Have you tried tuning for larger injectors without the additional airflow from the turbo? You could disconnect the piping from the turbo such that there was zero boost, and then try to tune for the larger injectors. Based on the thread below, there is a lot of other stuff to tune on MS45 once you add additional airflow. It might be easier to first figure out how to incorporate the larger injectors before you jump into this.

https://renovelo.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=1575