Tuning MS45.1

Get detailed info on tuning your OBD2 DME
Az-Joe520

Re: Tuning MS45.1

Post by Az-Joe520 »

hello can i get a copy of this dme file by any chance?
Az-Joe520

Post by Az-Joe520 »

hello so what injector scaling did you end up using? im kinda in the same boat
SakhrHendawi

Post by SakhrHendawi »

Az-Joe520 wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 3:35 am hello so what injector scaling did you end up using? im kinda in the same boat
PM Sent
ChinaleeJohnson

Post by ChinaleeJohnson »

hey guys, a lil new to the forum, and the renovelo posts. i am having a hard time figuring out what to change for fuel and by how much, i have messed with c_ti_min tables, and they didnt seem to make a difference, i am seeing the ip_lamb_fl_n table, adjusted those a lil bit, not sure by how much. my afr gauge in the car is reading, 17.8, and 18, both driving and parked. ive read through almost every single posts that was ever made about a 330i, bout here and on ms4x website, i am stuck right now.
i calculated and did the torque maps, and air maps, finally got the car running boosted, it takes off but experience a lil hesitation at the upper rpm ranges. any suggestions on the correct fueling, how much to add, please, anyone?
SakhrHendawi

Post by SakhrHendawi »

ip_lamb_fl__n is the target lambda on full load (WOT)
ip_lamb_bas_1 & ip_lamb_bas_2 are the target lambda during partial load (closed loop)

but I guess you wont achieve those targets before you figure out your injectors correct parameters

you need to set c_ti_as = stock injectors flow/new injectors flow
then set c_ti_min & c_ti_min_thd according to injectors manufacturer
ip_ti_add_dly also according to injectors manufacturer

check this link to find the common injectors Minimum injection time & Dead times
https://www.ms4x.net/index.php?title=Fu ... _Deadtimes

you can use those as a base, you still might need to fine tune c_ti_min & c_ti_min_thd & ip_ti_add_dly to solve injection issues.
I actually still have minor tip-in delay issue under 1500 RPM especially during warming up, but its manageable at the moment, I believe with some trial and error on these parameters it will be solved, but I'm not finding the time.
ChinaleeJohnson

Post by ChinaleeJohnson »

thank you very much, i just read the dead time ms4x post, and will be reading in some more. right now i have stock injectors in, i have 1000cc aftermarket injectors, new fuel pump and fuel regulator that i could install, but wanted to get a better understanding of what exactly i am doing tuning wise before i attempt to add more parts to my baby. i really appreciate your feed back.
from what i am understanding, i will need to know the flow rate of the injectors i am using for the C_ti_min tables, and then just basically adjust the lambda tables until i get the right afr, and keep playing around with them.
SakhrHendawi

Post by SakhrHendawi »

if you are still on stock injectors you should not touch anything related to injectors just set the required Lambda on these tables ip_lamb_fl__n & ip_lamb_bas_1 & ip_lamb_bas_2 and the DME will match them using the stock wideband O2 sensors, but keep in mind that stock injectors are barely enough for stock power, a whiff of boost is enough to reach their limit, on the other hand, stock fuel pump and regulator are good enough for "normal" boosted applications, I'm around 310whp (butt dyno) and running stock pump & regulator.

if you are running lean even with correct parameters on stock injectors, check for vacuum leaks after MAF, I faced this issue first day boosted, the car was running lean and having hard time to keep running without throttle

your new c_ti_as should be 252cc divided by 1000cc which 0.252, but make sure your new injectors flow is actually 1000cc, because most injectors are rated @ 3 bar, while the BMW fuel system is 3.5 bar, so in this case 1000cc @ 3 bar will be 1080cc @ 3.5 bar, you can check Injector Flow vs Fuel Pressure on this link https://www.deatschwerks.com/fuel-calcu ... calculator