MS45 - Tuning the Intake Manifold Model and Torque Tables

Get detailed info on tuning your OBD2 DME
SakhrHendawi

Re: MS45 - Tuning the Intake Manifold Model and Torque Tables

Post by SakhrHendawi »

itongx wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 12:06 am Hi, I want to confirm about MAF range unless the boost is not maxed out the MAF we can rescale the table and use a double MAF patch for a higher boost if we need a correct MAF reading like RS4 ?
I'm not sure if I understood you correctly, if you use a MAF that can read more than stock (like RS4 or PMAS), then you need the patch to be able to scale the table, otherwise, you'll not be able to input a value higher than 1024kg/h.

If you are using stock MAF there is nothing to be scaled unless you are using a resistor. You can still use the patch though, just because 'why not?'

I'm running 8-9ish PSI on stock MAF/scale and I never maxed the reading, the highest I saw was 4.73V (≈ 978kg/h).
itongx

Post by itongx »

yes, you understand correctly, I asked this question as I'm about to setup the turbo for my z4 and I read entries on this forum you guys run boost at 8-9psi without modifying MAF (resistor) or changing the MAF that is a bit confusing for me due to my old e46 stock maf is just maxed at 6 psi, now I'm clear that my setup will go with RS4 MAF :)
rkneeshaw

Post by rkneeshaw »

I hate that it took me this long to update my intake manifold model table based on some boost measurements I finally got around to taking for my ESS TS2 supercharger kit.

My IMM was increased enough from stock so that the throttle worked properly at higher RPM and higher loads, but it was still "off".

Using the spreadsheet from SakhrHendawi and the math from Josh@severntuning and my fresh boost measurements (measured boost at WOT from 1500 RPM upwards) I dialed in the IMM on my tune and I'm astounded at the difference its made. Much more significant than I had previously guessed.

Fueling used to be a bit wonky (car would be lean and rich through the RPMs during normal driving and adaptations were struggling) and throttle was sensitive and odd below 4500 RPMs, making the car a little bucky when shifting and on/off light throttle in lower RPMs. Car was difficult to drive to a degree I couldn't fully appreciate until I used the math, spreadsheet, and boost values to properly set the IMM.

All I can say is wow, the car is so much easier to drive, and smoother in ways I didnt know I was missing.

Huge thank you to the both of you for your work on the math and the spreadsheet.
Ryan
2003 BMW 330i ZHP
ESS TS2 Supercharger and other goodies